TxDOTCONNECT will help TxDOT work more efficiently and enables us to keep pace with expectations of taxpayers and the traveling public.
The system will include the following features and capabilities:
- Consolidate the functionality of the Design/Construction Information System (DCIS) user interface and the Universal Specification File System (USF)
- Consolidate the functionality of the Right of Way Information System (ROWIS)
- Standardize business processes across the department
- Automate the workflow between stakeholders for project stages and approvals
- Plan, manage and measure transportation programs through the entire lifecycle
- Create audit trails documenting the achievement of significant milestones
- Provide a single source for project data
- Consolidate functionality on up to 40 legacy software systems
- Introduce geospatial mapping functions
- Introduce new reporting capabilities to support decision-making processes
- Make information easier to find, update, share and display
- Reduce dependencies on outdated and isolated systems
Additional capabilities will be introduced with each new system release.
TxDOT began using the system internally in early 2019. TxDOT staff and external partners were introduced to the initial release of the system with a series of roadshows held in all 25 TxDOT districts during January and February of 2019.
Release 2 of TxDOTCONNECT is planned for fall of 2019.
Additional TxDOTCONNECT Information