The Texas Department of Transportation (hereinafter referred to as TxDOT) is committed to providing electronic access to files of standards. We make every reasonable effort to do so in a cross-platform and complex multi-protocol environment. TxDOT does not possess a staff that is available to provide technical support to outside parties who avail themselves of CAD files that are posted. It is important, therefore, that all potential users of these files read the following disclaimer and accept its terms as a prerequisite to the use of the files.
If the Receiver proceeds, the Receiver agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- TxDOT makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the file(s) which are the subject of this agreement, and specifically makes no warranty that said file(s) shall be marketable or fit for any particular purpose. Furthermore, any description of said file(s) shall not be deemed to create an express warranty that such files shall conform to said description.
- Receiver assumes all risk and liability for any losses, damages, claims or expenses resulting from the use or possession of any file(s) furnished by TxDOT pursuant to this agreement.
- Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TxDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or by reason of receivers; use or possession with respect to any of the file(s) furnished by TxDOT pursuant to this agreement, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- All design file standards are MicroStation drawing files (*.dgn). Receiver agrees that TxDOT cannot be held responsible for problems arising from files which have been converted for use in non-native applications (e.g. MicroStation design files to Autocad.)
- MicroStation (DGN) filenames that have a companion PDF icon can be viewed in Adobe® Acrobat® Reader by clicking on the PDF icon. This reader can be used to print these PDF files. Receiver agrees that TxDOT assumes no responsibilities for printing with Adobe® , but TxDOT suggests using a postscript driver while printing. Also, receiver agrees that TxDOT cannot be held responsible for any problems arising with the printing of a PDF file. For best results TxDOT recommends printing (*.dgn) files in MicroStation.
- Receiver agrees that TxDOT cannot provide the files in other file formats or compressed formats, and agrees to accept the files in the format provided. TxDOT also recommends that the files be used in the format provided.
- Since revisions or additions to the design file standards may occur at any time, the Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TxDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from the use of outdated design file standards, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- The design files standards are copyrighted by the Texas Department of Transportation and may not be resold.
- These terms and conditions constitute the complete and final agreement of the parties hereto.