The scope of this study involves the intersection of Loop 197 and Interstate I-45 in Galveston County.
- The existing intersection does not provide a direct connection between I-45 and LP 197.
- Commuters traveling along I-45 must take the State Highway (SH) 146 exit and travel a short distance along SH 146 before reaching a three-way stop.
- Atypical curves at this three-way intersection and the I-45/LP 197 interchange are below design standards, which increases the potential for traffic delays.
- An at-grade railroad crossing currently crosses LP 197 north of the intersection of LP 197 and SH 146, causing congestion and delays when train crossings block the intersection.
- Construct a direct connector from I-45 to LP 197
- The proposed direct connector would also provide an elevated crossing over the railroad tracks
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.
Project Number: 0500-04-112
TxDOT Houston District
PO Box 1386
Houston, TX 77251-1386